Suffering With Sore, Painful Elbows? Rheumatoid Arthritis and Joint Inflammation Problems That May Be To Blame For Your Elbow Pain
There can be many reasons for your elbow pain, including sporting injury, accidents or degenerative joint disease. Further, there are different forms of arthritis that can affect your joints, muscles or bones cause pain, stiffness and swelling in your elbows.
Some diseases that can affect the elbows include:
- Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. Osteoarthritis, a chronic condition, is characterized by the breakdown of the cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones where they meet to form joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints that occurs when your body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the synovium, the thin membrane that lines your joints.
- Juvenile arthritis is the form of arthritis which begins before the age 16
- Gout is a form of arthritis which occurs when excess uric acid is deposited as needle-shaped crystals in the soft-tissue of your body, including your joints.
- Psoriatic arthritis is form of arthritis accompanied by the skin disease, psoriasis, which often precedes arthritis.
- Reactive arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis that may frequently occur after an infection of the genital, urinary or gastrointestinal system.
- Lyme disease, is an infectious disease caused by tick bites infected with the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi. Symptoms may include a bulls-eye-shaped rash and flu-like symptoms. Untreated, the disease symptoms may progress to involvement of the heart, nervous system and joints, including your elbows.
- Infectious arthritis which is also called septic arthritis refers to arthritis that is caused by an infection within your joint. Infectious arthritis is frequently caused by bacteria that spread through the bloodstream to your joint.
How Wearing An Elbow Support Can Help Ease Your Pain
If you're living with elbow pain physiotherapists recommend you wear a far infrared elbow brace while you’re playing tennis, golf or any other sport that involves dynamic, forceful activity, to provide protection, improve localised circulation for enhanced healing and to reduce your risk of re-injury.
Thermomedic therapy far infrared orthopaedic Elbow Supports offer safe, natural and effective pain relief using the scientific principles of far infrared thermal energy.
Thermomedic therapy joint supports target elbow, hip and knee osteoarthritis which provides safe, effective and easy to wear treatment options to reduce pain, improve function and quality of life.
This aims to ultimately enable you to self-manage your injured joints more effectively at an affordable price. Enjoy life with soothing, natural pain relief with Thermomedic Therapy Garments!
This site is an online information and communications service for general information only.
By using this site you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions.
Copyright © 2017 Thermomedic Therapy Garments™ Wahroonga NSW 2076 Australia. All rights reserved.